Monday, February 21, 2011

Website #2

COUNTDOWN

This website is great for visual learner and independent learners!  Countdown provides interactive videos on math skills for students.  "Each week the program introduces a different math concept through direct instruction and reinforces lessons with literature, manipulatives, activities and related computer instruction."

I would use this lesson to reinforce a skill that all students were struggling with, or as independent practice for intervention and/or enrichment.

2 comments:

  1. WOW. These are great websites. Do mind if I share them with my math department? I like the puzzles/games portion along with all the different math concepts addressed. This woman from Loyola, Dr. Diane Schiller from Loyola University´s School of Education, her name sounds familiar. Do you know if she hosts any seminars? I was having trouble loading some of the videos/clips, so I couldn't figure out if you can assign work from this website for them. This is very cool. I like AAA math because it is sorted by grade level. For my school, many kids are not grade level and this could serve as a pre-post test assessment for the math department. It would be great if you could assign work from this website and have the students email you back their results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really super websites, especially for students who are struggling grasping a particular concept. Countdown was great, because it incorporated literature, and other activities for students who might get a concept if it is broken down in another way. I wish they had websites like this when I was in school, because I am a more visual learner and always struggled with Math. I could see how you could incorporate both of these websites into a lesson for the whole class too!

    ReplyDelete